We have been featured in the Spring issue of North Norfolk Living magazine!
Our wonderful Sous Chef Kieran created a fantastic recipe for you to give a go at home. It features seasonal spring lamb – with a twist!
Chorizo crumbed lamb rack with pea, asparagus and watercress salad
- 1 French trimmed rack of lamb (at room temperature)
- 50g chorizo
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 200g peas
- 200g watercress
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- A couple of sprigs of fresh mint, finely chopped
- Dijon mustard for coating the lamb
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A pinch of thyme
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
For the chorizo crumb:
- Dice the chorizo
- Crush the garlic and add to a food processor with the chorizo until fine
- Add the breadcrumbs to the chorizo mixture, add a pinch of thyme and stir to make sure all flavours are mixed together well
For the lamb:
- To a hot oiled pan, sear the lamb on all sides
- Spread the Dijon mustard onto the lamb (this will allow the chorizo crumb mixture to stick to the lamb)
- Apply the chorizo crumb to the lamb and firmly press down to make sure all surfaces of the lamb are covered
- Roast in a preheated oven at 180 for 18-20 minutes (this will ensure a wonderfully pink center, cook for longer if you prefer) with crumb side up
For the salad:
- Blanch the asparagus and peas in salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes depending on thickness
- Drain and add the finely chopped mint and a knob of butter
- Season and toss in a bowl with watercress
Serve and enjoy!
We have copies in the reception and each hotel room is supplied with their own copy for you to enjoy!